Running temperature

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercedes lover

Car
Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDCI 2003
Just wondered is it normal for my car to run at slightly higher temprature driving at 90mph on the motorway and also to run slightly higher in this hot whether, car usually runs at slightly over 80 now in this whether and motorway runs at around 90 is that right?

Hope so, as mine does more or less the same. Mine's a 1993 manual, so not that much different to yours.

Oh must be normal, just had it serviced 3 weeks ago. Just get worried about the car going wrong. Cheers

The temp on my 1999 E 200 is normally just over the 80 mark. I got quite worried about 6 wks ago as I was on the north circular and stuck in a huge jam in rain. The bonnet was steaming like a kettle - no other cars in the queue seemed to be doing this! The temp gauge never went much above 90 though, and when I enquired about this at the next (independent) service, they assured me that the cars do run quite hot and the steaming bonnet was nothing to worry about!

In the traffic jam, I found switching off the aircon and turning up the heater cooled the engine quite effectively.

I get pretty much bang on those temperatures in my new A150. So I would hope they're normal.

Did a long run to Devon and back at the weekend while visiting my parents. Didn't go above 90, mostly around 85.

Yep, I had the same concerns when I first got mine, partly because I was used to a Rover that did overheat badly. I find my C200 is about 82 in normal conditions, but goes up to about 90 when stuck in traffic. Got stuck for an hour the other day and it didnt go any higher though, and it didnt affect the engine running at all. :)

Mine runs (and always has) at about 70 in the winter, 80 in summer and just over 80 in summer jams. It rapidly reaches these temperatures from cold and then stabilises there. Makes you wonder what the thermostat is actually doing, does it not?

Hi

My E300TD is running a little warmer these days too, but come to think about it so am I..... :bannana: :bannana: Long may it last....Nout to worry about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom