Running with the Bulls.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
Ouch! :crazy:

[YOUTUBE]2h-WhhqFjv4[/YOUTUBE]

Why oh Why would any sane person wind a bull up and expect to get away with it?
guess there is a lot of suicidal people in Spain.I feel sorry for the bulls as they are probably slaughtered after this nonsense.

I've done it and it's actually very frowned upon to in any way provoke or slap the bulls. Dost fights have ensued as its roots are based on pagan harvest beliefs and good animal breeding hopes.

It's a fun if scary hour.

Moronic stupidity.

?

Statistically it is pretty safe bar the bruised ankles. Very occasional serious injuries.

The whole course is set up to ensure it is elementary to avoid the bulls. They have to turn 90 degree corners and as such have to take an outside exit, whilst everyone huddles into the nearside wall.

In the ring at the end the bulls released are calves and very very old female bulls (again part of its pagan roots). I didnt see anyone get hit when I did it. Plus they are all wearing huge bells so you hear them coming! The calves, whilst powerful, are not big....

Now is there an element of cruelty to it? Not sure, the bulls dont seem unduly stressed but clearly it is not normal for them. That said, I prefer they do this than bull fights that they would have done in previous years.

It is hugely frowned upon to provoke the animals - people get arrested. At the start and end there are searches for drugs, drunks and sticks etc. It is pretty well run.

The biggest danger (not for me) was the drink driving perimeter of security checks as everyone left town. They nabbed 10s of cars on my exit alone - good on them.

Animal welfare would be my primary concern.
At 3.37 in the video, the bull drops from a height to the hard surface which cannot be good for the fetlocks. :crazy:

[YOUTUBE]2h-WhhqFjv4[/YOUTUBE]

Something tells me that if you add up the IQ's of all the runners it would still be less than the bulls !

:D

It is beyond me why anyone would want to take part in something like that, and I suspect the bulls are the least willing participants.

Anyone who is gorged to death doing that, serves them right.

SportsCoupeRich said:
I've done it and it's actually.., It's a fun if scary hour.
While I've not done it, i've watched similar events in Olite and Cardona. For those who think they're akin to bull fights, they're far from it. They're much more of a pageant and good natured testosterone-fuelled lunacy than anything related to animal cruelty.

There are much more damaging things going on on the world every day.

Live and let live.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom