Russia diary 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bpsorrel

MB Enthusiast
Car
'21 C300 Coupe, '20 SLC Final Edition, Peugeot 208 (hers!) and a new Ford Kuga in Russia
Well, two weeks into the marathon 2 month vacation and the temperature is getting hotter!! Gasp! We're looking at 36C minimum this week! Just like last year, except the nights, thank God, are cooler.

Took a look at some cars to possibly replace the ageing Nissan last week and have decided, despite the obvious lure of a Skyline, that an X-Trail makes the most sense here (roads are not as smooth as they could be...:) ) So, hopefully before this trip is done, a nice X-Trail 2.0 will grace my garage! :)

Interesting car market here actually. My Nissan Sylphy, bought four years ago is worth now EXACTLY the same as it cost me then! Amazing eh! Used cars have nothing like the depreciation we're used to in the UK and Japanese imports (RHD) seem to hold value especially well. Main reason for this is the horrendous import tax. I priced up the importing of an X-Trail from UK, costing around £6K and by the time the duty was added, the total price would be nearer £14K!!

No wonder the new market is so good here... :D

OK, off to Kazan tomorrow for a few days road trip, so take care all! :)

Soon as I get back to my own laptop (we're travelling around right now, using internet cafes) I'll download a few! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom