russian vin accuracy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kenwaic

Car
e240 avantgarde
Hi all, i have just purchased a 2001 c230k coupe unseen. The salesman just gave a general list of the spec. I managed to get the vin and typed it in the russian site and it says it has command. Now that will make me a happy man,but how accurate is this site ? Has anybody got a site that is more accurate? By the way the car has done only 7000 miles with eight mercedes stamps, so a bit of a find really.thanks

It's pretty accurate .... it gets confused with certain option codes ( it views the Avantgarde option code as a rotating red flashing beacon for example )

The MB EPC is the best. You can buy access to it for a small amount each year.

Don't you have even an online advert for it ? to buy a car without actually seeing even a picture of it is pretty brave to be honest ...

Thanks ,i usually buy my cars unseen cause they usually are quite a distance away .
The dealer never even put a photo up with just a line with the spec , i phoned up to confirm the mileage and history then put a deposit down if as described over the phone.
The gentleman that had it only used it at the weekend to go to church and put it in the garage for the rest of the week. If this russian site is even 80% accurate i think i have one of the highest spec coupes on the country : )

If you PM the VIN and an email address i'll look it up on the EPC for you and send you the datacard.

Thanks to howard i got the full spec of the car , not as welk speccd as i would have liked but enough for the price. a big thanks to howard. this forum is great and thats why i stuck around even after i sold my e class five years ago.

Thanks to howard i got the full spec of the car , not as welk speccd as i would have liked but enough for the price. a big thanks to howard. this forum is great and thats why i stuck around even after i sold my e class five years ago.

Can you clarify the previous confusion between the Russian site codes and the real data card? The Russian site(s) should give an accurate list of option codes, including that for Comand. Was it just some other option code that was translated to "Comand" while it actually means something different for your new car?

That's not to say that Comand might not have been retrofitted ?

My datacard doesn't list Comand , but there is a Comand in there ( thanks to Alfie ) ...

Hmmm the first site i used and the second site listed different equipment on the car , though the second one diesal benz listed gave the same info as the infocard howard sent me. But the second site did not list the pano roof whereas the first one did. Anyhow everything will be clear when i pick up the car tommorow

That's not to say that Comand might not have been retrofitted ?

Haha somehow i dont think a gentleman in his eightys is gonna retrofit anything except his hips...wishful thinking though if he did fit comand

Hmmm the first site i used and the second site listed different equipment on the car , though the second one diesal benz listed gave the same info as the infocard howard sent me. But the second site did not list the pano roof whereas the first one did. Anyhow everything will be clear when i pick up the car tommorow

Would you be willing to PM me the VIN where you got the difference? I've seen data card differences even between different MB on-line services and servers but never a conflict actually. The same with these Russian sites, a missing code should be rare or should not happen. But if you actually mean the same code was described differently, that would not be strange. I would not use much of the info they give for each code but the actual codes really should be accurate.

Hi DB

I looked up the datacard on the official MB EPC.

Hi DB

I looked up the datacard on the official MB EPC.

I know you did from EPC. I guess I did not make myself clear. I wanted to know what exactly did "the" Russian site (I wouldn't mind if the exact site was also reported) show differently for this particular car. I'm not after the text for each option code but the exact option code list. I'm neither after the data card itself but only about the difference in the option code list.

Actually now that you already have the VIN and have access to EPC and the owner obviously does not want to mail the VIN even privately for several people, could you explain which option codes were different from one of the Russian sites compared to MB EPC? I assume this is not too sensitive and private info to be posted here but PM is fine too.

If you PM the VIN and an email address i'll look it up on the EPC for you and send you the datacard.

Howard-Any chance you could do this for me too, pretty please? I will PM the VIN to you. Thanks-Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom