Rust Guidance?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dokalj

MB Enthusiast
Hi all,

What is the warranty covered by MB with regards to rust?

How old can the car be to qualify? Does it have to have a full MB service history?

Does anyone know how a car bought directly from Germany will qualify or the number of years to notify MB?

Jdokal

Try a google, rough rule seems to be 8 yrs old max, full dealer history, and owned for at least 6 months.

Lynall

Owned for a year, I was told.

And they'll put a paint depth gauge on the wings (I assume it's the wheel arches?) and if it's out of range - paint too thick - they won't cover that part. E.g. they said my front had been done before, so they wouldn't fix those, but not the rears, so those they 'might think about, come back when you've had the car a year'.

Rust from outside in also not covered, only rust inside out

Please give us a clue as to how in abscence of paintwork damage that works as paint to the best of my knowledge does not corrode or rust!

Please give us a clue as to how in abscence of paintwork damage that works as paint to the best of my knowledge does not corrode or rust!

It's referring to rust originating from the inside of the panel breaking through to the outer surface, ie perforation.

It's referring to rust originating from the inside of the panel breaking through to the outer surface, ie perforation.

Hey Bobby Dazzler,

Have you ever had any work carried out on your ML with regards to rust?

Jdokal

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldestate

How I wished you were right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you speak to MB this is what you will be told, I was.

I still want some one to explain to me in simple english how this inside out determination is made !

i took my w203 which has 140k miles and full mbsh because the black trims on the door frames are corroded - they told me yes your right - but its not covered as its not the body - its just the trim. So they wont get any more of my service money - as the 202 we have is as rusty as a hand cart (which started about a year after i started servicing it myself LOL)and i thought i would keep the 203 in main dealer to help with the rust issues. But needless to say the usual attitude prevails (strange when 2 trims must cost less than a single A service you would have thought they would do a simple calculation and said yes sir we will fix it straight away!!)

I tried to clean up the frame of my chrome BMX using both cola and vinegar having read about it on the winterweb. In fact I think I started an MBClub thread on it. After bathing my BMX in both cola and vinegar (separately) it made no difference!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom