rust issues solved, FANTASTIC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gpm72

hi, thought i would let you know, i have several rust spots all over my c220 cdi estate, 1999 model.
after a lenghty chat with the local mercedes dealership to me, they decided to try and have it repaired under warranty, BUT, it may be declined due to the cars age....

well, 4 weeks later, i have a almost new car.

parts replaced under warranty were as follows

ALL 4 doors
tailgate
both front wings
rear quarters repaired
whole car resprayed, excluding roof, and bonnet

as my bonnet had some bad stone chipping, i asked if they could blast, repair and repaint whole bonnet, repair a few parking dings, fit new tailgate struts, new number plates, polish roof, touch up small scuff on front bumper

total cost to myself £380. WHAT A RESULT

not all dealers are rip off merchants

now having second thoughts about getting rid for a clk as it does look stunning

good luck to anyone else out there about to have this type of repair done.

really... wow, what dealer was that?

i might take my sec in, its got a bubble on the bonnet, what do yuo reckon my chances are! lol

Sounds great all in all. How about some pictures to see the quality of the repair ?

Also pleased for you - let us know the name of the dealer - they need praising as well as castigation...:bannana: would love to see pics...do you have any before and after ones??

dealer

it was john r weir of perth, and grangemouth

it was john r weir of perth, and grangemouth
:devil: :D No, no it was Mercland of Nuneaton.

If you have bought a car from this dealer then they will also do the same deal, all for free ........... or four thousand pounds. :) :)

Nice result and congratulations to your main dealer.

Regards
John

great result big up to your dealer

Thats good news....My story : 1999 C230 with full MB service history:

Earlier this year thy refused to repair the bootlid until I made a big stink about it.

Again the same thing happened six weeks ago re bubbling on the wheel arches. Again I had to create a big stink about it.

Up to now I still don't have my car back. I have been promised it back on three different occasions over the past two weeks an on each day of return I am given a different story. The first one was when the car was returned to the dealership from the bodyshop there was overspray all over the bumpers,and apparently the quality of the repair was poor !!!!!

The second time it was due back, they had damaged my alloys so they needed refurbishing.

The third time, apparently there is a problem with the lacquer and one of the wings needs to be sprayed again.

It really makes you wonder as to how bad things really are if a company that makes a prestige vehicle cannot perform decent minor body repairs.

Up to now, still no signs of the car and it has been six weeks.

I'm very glad you got a result as I have had to really fight over this and it has been a hard experience.

Oh and I also forgot to mention......I also have a very minor mark on the bonnet and when asked about the cost of having it done I was quoted £1200 !!!!!!!!!!!

How long is your warranty for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom