Rust on my 2005 C-Class Door Pillar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
At the moment I have a whole bunch of issues going on with the dealership I use - the car has been on ServicePlus so it's been difficult to figure out the work they've done.

I finally got copies of the invoices and it seems they've duplicated some work on consecutive services and omitted other work. The car definitely has a new poly-v-belt but that doesn't appear on the last invoice.

I've also told them how dismayed I am that they've told me for years that there's nothing wrong with the steering/suspension on my car yet WIM found the toe-in was miles out.

To kick things off. I've sent them an email listing all the issues and asked them to apply for goodwill on the door trims. They'll probably ignore it.

I ticked "no" to the survey question "would you recommend this dealership to a friend?"

I've just noticed the trim panels are bubbling at the top of my 2005 C230. I will aim to get it to the dealer to see what they have to say. Is this is a common probem or maybe a dodgy batch of trims for 2005 vehicles.

:bannana:Hello Rory and all - great news,whilst MB declined the original request under warranty,they agreed to complete the work 100% under a goodwill repair - I was not entirely expecting this,been trim,but I do have a 100% service record with MB,so that and the relative young age of the car (55 plate) may have worked in its favour - anyway,its restored my faith in the brand - had they declined,I would have questioned my continued loyalty to the brand,as I viewed the rusting of the trim as a failure of a component,rather than rusting in the normal sense.

The dealer just got back to me saying they are unable to submit any claims for goodwill once the car is 5yrs old (mine is Oct 04). They also mentioned that there's a 75K mile limit too, although I'm well inside that.

Hi Rory - that seems mean and may be down to inconsistant nature with which dealerships take up and press home these claims - and believe me,if they do not take it up aggressively,it is doomed straight away - that said,I would be extremely disappointed with my dealership,had I put my service business there way,or within the MB network,had they have failed - its why we put up with over inflated hourly service rates et al.

Rusty pillar trim C270CDI 2001 AVANTGARDE s203

Anyone ever replaced these DIY ? wondered if these are difficult to remove and replace ie glued/screwed etc see screws on rear trim none on doors I can see?

Same problem on my 2004 C180. Quote from dealer - "it's trim, not body therefore not covered". I need to figure out how to remove them then either paint or replace.

Same..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom