Rust Warranty : As good as a chocolate fireguard?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by greyboy, Aug 27, 2008.

1. greyboy

greyboy Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E280 Sport saloon.
    Dear All,

Had my 2001 E320 CDi in to the local main dealer, (Glos/Chelt), this morning as i have some small rust patches. I thought i would give it a go as some people in this forum have been successful. The car is a 3 owner, F.S.H. but not been in the main dealer since 2003 and done 105k miles.

It only cost an hour of my time and i had free coffee, orange juice and read the Telegraph. They did take me seriously and in no way tried to fob me off with excuses. I now have to wait until Lord the Almighty Mercedes Benz makes a descision.

Amen. :cool:

2. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    99 - E300 TD - W210
    Hope you get a result - i got a positive response within a few days. Wrt the warranty - who know's, i cant see MB not honouring it for 30 years for those in compliance with the original terms and conditions stated.

3. scgfull

scgfull Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E350 Bluetec Night Edition Estate & CLK 350 Cabriolet AMG Sport
    My 2002 E320CDI Estate has just come back from the bodyshop after Rust repairs. They did all of the work exept for one wing which they said had a different paint thicknes to that originally applied at the factory and there was no record of any repair with a MB Authorised repairer.

They said they should not have to warrant anyone elses work. Dissappointed but understandable.

Good Luck

Steve

4. bobby

bobby Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1999 C43 AMG
    I'm thinking of taking mine to a dealer to see if they would cover rust under wheelarches. Its not very bad but I notice it.

Do I just ring them up and say I want a rust inspection to be carried out? Also, my car was registered in 1999 - how long does this warranty last?

5. RodgerDodger

RodgerDodger Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    99 - E300 TD - W210
    Good question Bobby - you can try and i wish you luck but think they will say the warranty period elapsed last year i.e., 8 years - I'll leave it there:) . Suggest you have look at the previous threads on rust warrany/Mobil-Life.