Rustproofing review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fair play to dinitrol for posting a review on their site in which their product was more expensive and 2nd best. Can't help but think their marketing manager had a brain fart and will soon have his/her web publishing privileges removed.

For what it's worth, every review I've seen from sources I trust all come to the conclusion that the Bilt Hamber products are the best for rust proofing.

I can vouch for POR15. It is fantastic stuff. But do make sure you use it with the metal ready zink primer. The metal ready its self is amazing stuff !! You can use it to totally de-rust parts by soaking then in a tub of the stuff. I did just this with some clips from under the bonnet of my 126. Beforehand they where caked in suface rust but after a 24hr soak in metal ready they were totally rust free and ready for a coat of POR15 paint. They still look perfect to this day and so does the rust under the engine bay I had around the spring perches and around the front cross member. The metal ready and POR15 stopped the rust in it's tracks:cool:

I am going to use it on my front wing and rear wheel arch soon. One thing you must do on any panels open to sunlight is paint them with a top coat as Por15 isn't good when it comes to UV for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom