Rusty disc bells

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2ono

Car
C63s
Has anyone done anything to prevent this happening, car is 18month old C63s, I've had it 3 weeks, and the bells are going a really nasty shade of rusty brown.

Any chance of getting them replaced under warranty or should I just remove the wheels and paint them with HRP.

Thanks in advance:)

Mine started rusting when the car was 6 months old.

I just cleaned them off, rubbed them down and painted them with Hammerite. It passes an hour or two on doing it yourself anyway. :)

You'll get nothing from MB as it would be classed as normal wear and tear.

Mine started rusting when the car was 6 months old.

I just cleaned them off, rubbed them down and painted them with Hammerite. It passes an hour or two on doing it yourself anyway. :)

You'll get nothing from MB as it would be classed as normal wear and tear.

Thanks for the quick reply, did you use brush or spray can? I take it you used 'smoothrite' rather than hammertoe?

I use hammerite here as well, just paint it on.

Incidentally not all discs are the same, I fitted Pagid to the front, they have better protection and haven't gone rusty like the rears.

2ono sorry i can give no answer . Disc bells are new to to me .Dont even now what they are .I was thinking of items that look like bells on the discs , and i can think of nothing.

As Dave in Post #2 I painted mine, again using smooth hammerite silver with a brush.
20170313_161137_zps1ukx9qs6.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom