Rusty wheel bolts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Flash said:
Flyer: Did MB replace ur alloys with brand new ones or were they refurbs? When u say corrossion which parts were worse affected? Accoring to DC when replacing alloys under warranty they only provde refurbs (which sucks as refurbs are never as good as teh OEMs as different lacquer is used as per my local MB approved bodyshop...).

Flash
They replaced them with refurbs, as Sude says, by Pristine. The finish was not as good as the original ones (which were very shiny). The refurbed ones were a duller finish, but I dare say that most people wouldn't have been able to tell the difference.

As you know, my new alloys are off a 209 CLK500. The bolts came with the wheels. The bolts are now rusting :mad: . Never had any wheel cleaner, just washed (regularly). MB still haven't got this problem licked. :rolleyes:

Does anyone want part numbers/prices/lengths for all Mercedes Bolts...?
It'll take me an hour or so but if it'll be useful...

I still have plenty of bolts left for sale if any one wants any

Rusty Bolts

Got my dealer to change wheel bolts under warrenty on first service also the bolts that hold the actuauting arms on windscreen wipers just below bonnet line. Friendly Fitter put covers on these ( same size as door hinge bolts which have plastic covers.) Now had another set of wheel bolts supplied under warrenty. Told dealer i would fit and took them to local firm and had them chromed No problems now.

Heard many times that 'Wonder Wheels' is responsible for the rusting of wheel bolts. I have quite a few friends who have kicked it into touch.
Personally I will not touch the stuff o my alloys !

still plenty of bolts left if anyone wants any :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom