Rusty Wheelarches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tacho d

Car
Mercedes Benz W209 CLK 220 CDI
:( Hi, just got this otherwise superb 230 clk, but like a lot of these one of the wheelarches has just started to show signs of rust. Not as bad as some I have seen but needs to be seen to before it spreads. I will have to initially pressure wash the dirt off first but then what?. which is the best way to protect them, would Waxoil do? or do I need a zinc primer first? A bodyshop would probably do the rest as I have no chance of matching the colour. Any ideas?

I would leave it for the bodyshop to do the whole lot, as long as they going to strip it right back and fix any impending rust rather than just what is showing.

All my arches are showing sighs, but the rears, particularly the passenger side, is quite bad, I put some hammerite rust stop on it as a temporary measure, but in a month or two I will be sending off to the shop. My mechanic has a guy that is doing me a trade price of £400 for the lot, and that includes painting the whole panel again as the metallic is apparently hard to colour match.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom