rusty wings

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimbo7859

Car
Mercedes SLK 230
Hi new to the forum I have just purchased a SLK 230 2002 and replaced the lights today during which I noticed both wings are rotted where the bumper,light and wing bolt together tried looking online for new wings but can only find either used and rusty or compatable ones can anyone advise the best way to do this

Hi thanks for replying site will not let me upload any pictures as the files are too big the car is a 2002 R170 facelift model if that helps

Ok thanks saw some online that claim they are insurance company approved they look OK so probably purchase them thanks again for your help

I am in Motherwell about 9 miles south of Glasgow the wings are bolt on and rotten right through I was replacing the driver side headlight which was full of moisture and noticed damage the wing had rotten right through and is not salvageable might be able to save the passenger side but if I could source a decent compatable type wing I will change both I am going to respiratory the whole car as the rest is in decent condition

Sorry meant respray predictive text is a pain lol should really check my spelling before posting

Personally I would enquire with your local dealership for prices and availability, so you have something for comparison if you choose to go with a non OEM part.
As what you may save by buying a new non OEM wing, may cost you more labour/man hours trying to get a decent fit, especially if you are going to go down the line of having a whole respray carried out.

I bought OEM new wings for my project for around £150 each oppose to non OEM ones for around £60, or going down the 'used' route whoch even in good condition they would still have been approx 20 years old.

Ok thanks for the advice will let you know how I get on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom