RWTB 9th May - 1/4 mile

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

calgonis

Car
C230 Sold / 69' VW Devon Delux camper / BMW M135i
North Weald Air Field (Essex) RWYB (Run What Ya Brung) event 9th May.

It's a 1/4 Mile event on the drag strip and all cars are welcome. I shall be running my C32 AMG (slight mods) for a giggle :bannana:

From memory it's £10 for spectators and £20 for 1/4 mile runners.

Gates open at 8:30 am and runs start from 10am. You can run as many times as you like on a queueing basis until about 4pm.

Each run you will be up against another from the queue making it interesting ;)

Would be happy to meet anyone interested in going on the 9th.

Andy

Arrgghh im fitting a bathroom for someone next weekend :( so cant make it.

Id of loved a couple of runs...especially against a C32.

Marty

Ah thats a shame Marty. We could have had some fun there :D

You can line up side by side in the line and they will put you together on the run.

Maybe next time :cool:

I may come along in my 55 if the MAF's changed by then. Maybe we could line up to see which is quicker...

Sure rees could be a giggle!

I am going to be there for about 8:15 am on the day.

I shall keep this in mind, as I want to Pod the C43 but this is probably an easier option, and it'd be good to see some other MB stuff.

I'm pretty sure I'm busy this Sunday, but if anything changes I'd consider popping down :)

Will

Just to clarify, is it £20 per run or £20 and run as many times as time, fuel and brakes will allow?:)

To update as I got it slightly wrong:

<SNIP>
The main gates open at 8.30am.

Entry into the event is £10 for adults, under 14's are free.

The track fee is a further £20 and you get as many runs as you can make during the day.

Signing on starts 8.30am, with a capacity of 200 racers. Racing starts at approx 10am until 5pm.

Test & Tune events are open to any car or bike. Each vehical is taken through basic scrutineering and safety checks.

When you sign on your will be given a safety sheet outlining a few do's and don'ts for our events. There will also be a rider/driver safety briefing over the PA system before we start. For more information read our safety policy.

On your run follow the race marshall's instructions and make your way to the start line.

You will see a 'christmas tree' starting system in front of you. Infra-red beams will enable you to get your starting position. Wait for the starter to give you a green light on the tree and then...Give it some!
At the finish line follow the signs to the return road and make your way slowly back to the start area. At the exit gate you will be given your timing ticket for your run.

You can then make your way back to the queue and run again.
</SNIP>

I am going to get there early to make sure I get a place. I would also advise you to make sure your car is running as it should be / oil levels / water etc. any doubts and I would not run as every event you see at a few cars retire very broken.

Having said that it's really good fun and gets the heart going like mad!

Hope to see you all there. Im the black C32... doubt there will be another so you cant miss me.

:D

Hope to see you all there. Im the black C32... doubt there will be another so you cant miss me.

:D[/QUOTE]

I was there years ago, it was great fun..

Whats your best ET and trap speed?

I'm up for this , look out for my Anthracite 190 .

I'm actually free tomorrow now - partly tempted but I wonder about the weather!

Anyone else going?

What's the venue like? Is it as good as Avon Park or Santa Pod?

the venue is an airfield....I've been to the market there on a number of occasions as its quite close to me. I may go depending on weather. I defo won't be going if its raining.

I defo won't be going if its raining.

Me neither - and AFAIK most of these places don't let you run if it's peeing down either!

Appreciate that it's an airfield - but obviously wondering how 'rough 'n' ready' it might be compared to the other usual RWYB venues :)

Will

See you there Will , Fancy a race then ?????

I've not been before, I know they have a long landing strip...And loads of space for parking etc. Not sure about the actual vent but I expect the runway used for the event will be quite good

Hmm - I think they only ask for crash lids on the really powerful 'dragsters' and open top cars/bikes etc.

Not a bad suggestion, but probably not essential for the more run-of-the-mill stuff!

Jeremy - If I/we go I'm sure we can have a run together! :D

Will

Safety Policy

SAFETY POLICY

We try to keep events as informal as possible. There is unrestricted access to the pit area where the race vehicles and competitors are located. To do this we must maintain certain safety standards.
In 2004 the following new rules have been set.
  • All car drivers competing at our events must wear a crash helmet
  • Children's bikes, cars, quads, go-peds or similar are strictly prohibited.
Health and safety personnel from the airfield do monitor our events and report any instances where these standards are not met. We ask that you do observe these rules, as failure to do so will result in loss of the use of the airfield for future events

Hope this clarifies

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom