Ryanair standing 'seats' - £4 plus £1 for the toilet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I don't belive it for a second. O'Leary is I am sure very happy with the publicity though.

True - he definitely believes in getting maximum coverage on all way out stories.

If they remove the toilets it will give increased credence to the phrase
"Ryanair ---sure now but aren't we full of s***"

This has been doing regular rounds in the industry for over a year..... the quotes are the same and Boeing have strongly denied any involvement with such a scheme.

Good for free advertising though, isn't it?

I hate Ryan Air with a passion. You get treated like scum, they have the longest check in queues of any airline, the ticket prices are a scam with fee after fee added on at the time of purchase.

More often than not the price difference between this bucket airline and proper ones is pretty slim too. In my mind I'd much rather pay a little bit more and get a proper service.

I hate Ryan Air with a passion. You get treated like scum, they have the longest check in queues of any airline, the ticket prices are a scam with fee after fee added on at the time of purchase.

More often than not the price difference between this bucket airline and proper ones is pretty slim too. In my mind I'd much rather pay a little bit more and get a proper service.

Totally agree with you.

The problem with O Leary liking the publicity, is its all bad publicity. It just makes people not want to travel with them and re-affirms their belief that the airline is shoddy.

I travel to Lithuania a couple of time a year, and since the collapse of Lithuanian Airlines last year, the only direct flights are with Ryanair.

Aer Lingus flew direct for a couple of months late last year, which I used, but now no choice.:eek::eek:

I agree. I left it a bit late to sort out flights to France for the wife and kids for our summer holiday this year. Return price on RyanAir - £878, BA - £575. It wasn't a difficult choice.

I totaly agree and have generally stopped flying the budget airlines unless it is really convenient timing wise and then I will only fly with Jet2 or BMi Baby who are pretty much the same as a full service carrier anyway.

Came back from Germany last night on Flybe from Frankfurt due to the Lufthansa flight being full so it meant I could get home Wednesday in stead of Thursday. It was like "carry on airlines" The number of people on the manifest did not match the number of people on the plane, the cabin crew actually announces is there anyone on here who should not be :doh: so after checking everyones boarding card stub again, as they did when we got on they still had 54 people and 53 on the manifest, so off go the pilot and dispatcher to the office to sort it out. So we sat on a Dash 8 turbo prop in 35 degrees of blazing sun and no air con waiting for this farce to sort its self out.

40 minutes later pilot and dispatcher return all is now good but we have missed our slot so they have to refile the flight plan and await a new slot another 20 minutes delay, then pilot announces aircraft is trim sensitive so can get very nose heavy so he needs some people to move out of the front seats (Which is a bit like saying can all the fat ba*tards please go sit at the back) 4 people refuse to move and this turns into another farce, captain says he cannot take off for safety reasons if the people do not move and the flight will be cancelled. So they begrudingly move and guess what we have now missed out second slot, so another 25 minutes delay.

In financial terms I probably saved the cost of an overnight hotel, by being subjected to this farce which was probably outweighed by the loss of my time. In future if this happens I will be catching the train to Munich or Stuttgart and flying back from there:thumb:

I personally think they should change the name of the airline to "FlyMaybe" never again :mad:

Totally agree with you.

The problem with O Leary liking the publicity, is its all bad publicity. It just makes people not want to travel with them and re-affirms their belief that the airline is shoddy.

Most PR people will tell you that there is no such thing as 'bad' publicity...

I'm quite convinced they will try to fit seats ON the wings next

mmm First flight on Ryan air Tuesday (booked by client). Looking forward to it...

I travel to Lithuania a couple of time a year, and since the collapse of Lithuanian Airlines last year, the only direct flights are with Ryanair.

Aer Lingus flew direct for a couple of months late last year, which I used, but now no choice.:eek::eek:

Sadly, sometimes you have no choice.... some European routes I use have daily service only with Ryanair. Not everyone who flies with them does so because they want a cheap no-frills ticket, some have no choice.

On the plus side - I did get once a free ticket from them (I think it was actually 31 or so) following a campaign advertised in the newspapers.

Does anyone remember the old trains - where the toilet was just a hole and if you looked down through it you could actually see the tracks....? That's probably what you get for your £1 on the standing flights.

Hmm, £1 per loo trip. Does this mean Ryanair will be reintroducing complimentary drinks?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom