s 55l amg how much is it worth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

umedc

Car
s 55L amg, transit van
HI
think of selling mine amg it done 140,000 it well look after how much ? it on 2000 plate have done airmatic last year two new cat done this month full service

Last edited:
colour, history, condition, age.
If its silver, black interior, average condition, MB service history and 2002: £8000.

silver it on 1999 plate not 2000 sorry
it v good condition
well look after

Give you two Miele washing machines for it :D

Book price guide is based on X plate 2000 with 140k..so you need to take off a few £££ for 99'

S55 AMG 4Dr Limousine 5.5 Auto LWB (2000/X)

Private Good:£3,470
Private Average:£2,730
Private Poor:£1,910
Part Exchange:£3,050
Trade:£2,785

Last edited:
Book price guide is based on X plate 2000 with 140k..so you need to take off a few £££ for 99'

S55 AMG 4Dr Limousine 5.5 Auto LWB (2000/X)

Private Good:£3,470
Private Average:£2,730
Private Poor:£1,910
Part Exchange:£3,050
Trade:£2,785

So in this case, on a 99 plate, private good would be more around the £3,000 mark.

The problem with book prices on cars like these is that theres only a limited number of buyers, which in the real world lowers that price further still.

Agreed...also a bad time of year to be selling an old large car V8 fuel eater...I think lucky to get £2.5k...

Only one I could see on trader in that range 2001 MY with 127k
Mercedes-Benz S Class S55 4dr Auto 5.4

So in this case, on a 99 plate, private good would be more around the £3,000 mark.

The problem with book prices on cars like these is that theres only a limited number of buyers, which in the real world lowers that price further still.

For £3000 I wouldn't bother to sell it !
You got a awesome cruiser there .
I never seen a s55 in very good nick lower than 5k.

need for speed!;)

I can see the man maths slowly bending this thread around like a Boomerang!

:D

umedc, have you thought about supercharging it?

Lol.

With it being the NA people don't want it. Sorry!

Everyone wants at minimum a charger!

Everyone wants at minimum a charger!

That was my absolute minimum when i bought mine. As a matter of fact i waited for over a year to save up to buy a Kompressor version, without it it wasnt worth it for me.

Some will say the NA have one less thing to go wrong, but i dont think they have ever been in a supercharged car. :rolleyes:

Sadly exactly right mate. Chalk and cheese the M113 and M113K. Bit of boost is addictive!

Less to go wrong without a supercharger, sure, but you are still basically running the same car with or without in terms of costs.

I'd take the (small) risk personally (well I did)...

So did I. "Power tends to corrupt; absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely". The n/a M113 is a lovely engine to drive, but you're an awful lot closer to being absolutely corrupted in a K than in a n/a version...

The 2 things that corrupt you the most are the exhaust note that only AMG can produce, and as said before, the boost.

As John says, its a small risk. And its a very small risk compared to the massive gains you get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom