S CLASS 2014 SOS buttons

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TomF

Car
S350L bluetec AMG
Hi all,
Don't laugh but I'm a bit wary of touching the overhead SOS buttons in my car as I have no idea of the consequences lol.
I accidentally hit one a while ago and the car started making a call 😳📞
Anyone explain in layman's terms, more importantly are the calls made at £1.50 per min 😅

Hi all,
Don't laugh but I'm a bit wary of touching the overhead SOS buttons in my car as I have no idea of the consequences lol.
I accidentally hit one a while ago and the car started making a call 😳📞
Anyone explain in layman's terms, more importantly are the calls made at £1.50 per min 😅

I did the same,I think it calls RAC breakdown service

Hope so, I've got RAC
It's part of the m b dealer servicing agreement

i thought that button was for "Save Our Sausages" and direct dialled UBER Eats

Pressing the button initiates a call to the Mercedes emergency call centre and also transmits vehicle data (position and status). They will seek to establish voice contact and establish the need to call the emergency services. A call will automatically be made if the airbags or seatbelt tensioners are activated (as the driver might be incapacitated). There is no charge.

Well that's bloody
Pressing the button initiates a call to the Mercedes emergency call centre and also transmits vehicle data (position and status). They will seek to establish voice contact and establish the need to call the emergency services. A call will automatically be made if the airbags or seatbelt tensioners are activated (as the driver might be incapacitated). There is no charge.
Well that's bloody good..

Another useful point aiui is the call will be answered in the same language that your ICE is set to - so you will get an English response even if you are in France.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom