S Class - 2016 S500 Hybrid Lwb

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jetbags

Car
S500e
Hi All,

Quick question....

How are you meant to drive these cars ?

I know that sounds stupid, i have had this car for some months now and i have tried every single one of the different drive modes, but still find it impossible to settle on just one mode that suits all circumstances.
I have found that the E-Mode lasts for about 3miles even when fully charged, which is worse than useless really, i drive around most on the "Charge" setting re charging the pathetic thing they call a battery, then tend to switch to it in order to reduce the amount of usage on the petrol engine.
I have found the Hybrid drive quite jumpy, in that its fine if your just rolling along at a steady speed continuously, but if you need some beans on the throttle quickly, the car turns into an untamed animal and throws you down the road like its the end of the world!!

I need to find a middle ground with this car.
Definately the most amazing, comfortable, elegant and simply beautiful piece of engineering ever put onto four wheels, but i feel like the weak link in the chain not really knowing how to get the best out of it. The designers at MB would no doubt be rolling their eyes, but there is surely a way to drive these magnificent cars effectively and smoothly...... so advice is very welcomed from the more informed group and forum....

J,.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom