S class and c class

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MERC CLK 230 K

Car
mercedes clk W208 230 kommpressor
image-1371103843.jpg

C class

^ It's in case you didn't realise you are on a Mercedes forum...

Not a good idea to post a pick showing your plate either

I've never understood that, why people think it's dodgy. I mean, today, probably a thousand cars saw my plate on the M25 and I didn't worry....

I don't think generally there is an issue - as you say people can see our plates all the time and so what...

I think the issue is more to do with cars which are different from the norm.

For example, if you had a car with £30,000 of ICE or £30,000 of engine mods in it, but from the outside you couldn't tell, chances are if you posted picture, you wouldn't want scrotes to know which car had the ICE or mods in it, so they could kindly remove it all for you...

I can't think of any other reason...

I think the theory is that it makes it easier for cloners to grab plate details of a similar car, as they just have to browse a couple of pages, instead of driving the streets.

Yeah, I see your point mate. Anyway, whatever, big brother is always watching... lol
:)

I think the theory is that it makes it easier for cloners to grab plate details of a similar car, as they just have to browse a couple of pages, instead of driving the streets.

Probably if it is more scarce, I imagine it would make life a lot easier e.g. I don't see many CL65AMGs around...

I personally generally do not bother to hide the plates...

Who knows, I might regret it at a later date.

Exactly, I mean although I love my C32, it ain't worth cloning! :D

I imagine it is like anything related to security.

Chances are it wont be an issue, but it is how far you want to go in mitigating risk.

I blank my plates out because it takes me all of 30 seconds to do per picture (when I am already editing them to meet the site requirements) and the plate is of no consequence to anyone else - however, I am not worried about cloning as cars cloned appear to be more common models which are less distinctive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom