S-class command

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ibrar

Car
55 plate LWB Sprinter and soon to be C220 AMG Sport Plus
Hey guys,

Firstly sorry about my recent lack of posting, very busy times!

My father recently bought the new S-class, with the split view command system.

I was wondering if there is any possibility of by-passing the tv on the passenger side turning off whilst driving? If its either I require a cable to block the signal or to enter the engineers set-up to edit it?

Do you mean the facelift S Class with the dual view screen? That is the usp of this set up - that you can watch TV from the passenger seat on the move

Sorry I got mixed up, it's not the dual screen command system, but it's the normal set up but still want to by-pass the cut off whilst driving

In that case, yes it can be done but you are on shaky ground

I saw a retrofit guide for the split-view screen. He should have ordered it from the factory but this would be a proper way to solve the issue.

stumpy1 what sort of shakey ground? Would it effect the warranty?
Sorry about the confusion, he told me about it and I looked at the options list he put down and he had the split screen on there, but for some unknown reason they didn't charge nor did they fit it to the car.

Thats weird, maybe you could ask why that happened, if it was put down as an option and not included. And shaky ground - this has been discussed many times on here before (do a quick search) and after heated discussions the end result always is that it is not safe to have tv enabled on the Comand as it is dangerous and can/may distract the drivers attention away from the road.

But as mentioned i think it can be done.

No decent STAR owner will enable TV in motion as it's illegal.

I agree. But then there are owners who even remove speed limits (lorries etc.).

stumpy1 what sort of shakey ground? Would it effect the warranty?
Sorry about the confusion, he told me about it and I looked at the options list he put down and he had the split screen on there, but for some unknown reason they didn't charge nor did they fit it to the car.

Doesn't this solve the issue. If the option was on the order, the dealer should retrofit it. Specifically because it isn't equally impossible as retrofitting a sunroof or making a SWB car a LWB one etc.

Don't know if it can be retrofitted. Splitview is part of the front seat entertainment pack and includes the HK stereo too. It is a 1450 option from new. Bear in mind that a TV tuner is 890 from the factory, but nearly 2 grand as a retrofit. Seems to me that if the dealer has cocked up the order then they should sort it out.

Don't know if it can be retrofitted. Splitview is part of the front seat entertainment pack and includes the HK stereo too. It is a 1450 option from new. Bear in mind that a TV tuner is 890 from the factory, but nearly 2 grand as a retrofit. Seems to me that if the dealer has cocked up the order then they should sort it out.

It does not have to be the same as one of your (UK) packages. See workshop document AN5430P1000SX, looks like this is a retrofit for the splitview display only (including the related mandatory parts like the switch group).

There is also a section at EPC for this (99/164).

My conclusion is that this retrofit is relatively simple, not one of those where MB says "impossible" and only Richard or MBenzNL can do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom