• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

S-Class Coupe - Press Release

Excellent news! This is a good looking machine IMHO, can't wait for the cabriolet!!

Yeah, but that's not true for other models so it's a fair question.

Like the often repeated myth about CLKs being E-class couples because they had 4 headlights.

In the olden years, and much before the recent flurry of AMGs, SLSs and what-have-you-not, traditionally the sports / 2-door / coupe version of their highest model was MB's most expensive car on the menu.

In the olden years, and much before the recent flurry of AMGs, SLSs and what-have-you-not, traditionally the sports / 2-door / coupe version of their highest model was MB's most expensive car on the menu.

It still is if you ignore AMGs

A CL65 is still not a cheap car. ;)

Looking and rear badge... they have come a full circle:

MERCEDESBENZE-Klasse---2290_11.jpg

Looks great, can't wait to see one in the metal.

Wonder how longer before we see people centre badging other Mercedes models.

Swarovski crystals - bit pretentious what?

Think it looks pretty stunning, although glad it's not just me that can spot a passing Alfa resemblance rear end. But is that such a bad thing?!

Fundamentally only so much you can do shape wise for given format.

Doesn't do the job for me. The previous model looked like a proper top-of-the range coupe IMO. I don't.know why this new CL and the W222 share design cues from the AClass? Or.is it me?? :)

I'm a bit of a car whore not many I don't like!

Still remember fondly the day I was given a really old beaten up Renault 5 as a courtesy car by an Indie Renault mechanic when I had a Clio a good 15 odd years ago.

Nearly as good as my first car a burnt orange rusty Mini with a drivers door that wouldn't open.

Simple, happy days :-)

That does look very VW from the rear.

Maybe, yeah. But if there was VW badge on the back of that it would not look out of place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom