S class estate, sort of.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ivan1983

SUPPORTER
Car
R129 500SL, R170 230K, 530i Touring, ZZR 600
Not sure why they added the 500 badge though

Wonder why they chose a 320 rather than a 280.

"CAN STILL SMELL THE LEATHER INSIDE"... hmm, I can't help wondering if there might be other odours in there you can also smell.

Wonder why they chose a 320 rather than a 280.

"CAN STILL SMELL THE LEATHER INSIDE"... hmm, I can't help wondering if there might be other odours in there you can also smell.
Is the 280 an option?

Reminds me of an experience I had..

Just after my last surgery, a very good, very close friend went to that big kennel in the sky, I was determined to pay my respects to both him and his family.

Cometh the day the guys of the private ambulance wheeled me into the packed church. As I was wheeled through the crowd that were outside this church, I heard an old lady say.... "It's disgusting!! It's barbaric, those Roman Catholics do not even put the body in a coffin!!!"

Oh if only, if only I were capable of opening my eyes, sitting up and then passing a suitable remark... Waaay, way too much pain, but a few days later when my friend's wife came to see me, I told her the story and yup, we thought it hilarious..

I wonder if I would fit in that hearse :)

If Mercedes had ever made an S-class estate, I'd almost certainly have had one by now. Not that one, though...

If Mercedes had ever made an S-class estate, I'd almost certainly have had one by now. Not that one, though...
Hmmmmmm..... Now there's a challenge :)

Sorry about that :)

Attachments

• S-class Estate green.jpg
    S-class Estate green.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 10
  • S-class Estate Rear.jpg
    S-class Estate Rear.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 9
  • S-class Estate Red.jpg
    S-class Estate Red.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 8
  • S-class Estate.jpg
    S-class Estate.jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 9
Is the 280 an option?

Yeah, around the same time BMW offered a 728i model running similar power (I think they meant S320 instead of S300 in their text).

My natural thought was that these big saloons might have been a bit underpowered, but then again in hearse form, I suppose despite the number of people it was carrying it never needed to move fast...

Buying Guide​

Good
  • Sensible engine range from 190 bhp S280 through 228 bhp S300, 286 bhp S420, 308 bhp S500 and awesome 408bhp S600 (power on this cut back to 389 bhp in October 1992).
https://classics.honestjohn.co.uk/reviews/mercedes-benz/s-class-w140/buying/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom