S Class LWB W220 2004 Airmatic Dropped. Advice please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TrickyS320

Car
S320 CDI Limo
Started car the other morning and warning came up saying too low. Got out and heard the air compressor pump making a clicking noise and rear of car had dropped. I replaced the compressor and relay and all seemed fine driving to work and back. Next morning the rear had dropped again more on n/s. I have checked for leaks and can't find any.

The thing I did find strange was when I jacked up the rear n/s there was a big gush of air from the strut which I don't ever remember it doing before. I started the car and the car rose up but the rear n/s went up to a point then dropped about 10mm then went up about 10mm then dropped about 10mm and carried on doing this. I turned car off and jacked up the o/s and no air noise from o/s but I heard from the n/s again.

Whilst waiting for compressor front was on axle stands and o/s on a block but n/s was on ground FYI.

Has anyone had this symptom / problem before and if so what was the problem please?

I did a video of what is happening just trying to get it small enough to upload.

Many thanks in advance for any advice

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom