S-Class ownership... if it fits on my drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Always liked the current S Class behemoth and prices are looking tempting. Eg £18k for S350 with 46k on clock from a dealer. So, fuel economy isn't bad considering the size of the beast, but what about other costs? Insurance tangy? How different are costs to service v my old M Class? Parts?

Thanks

Prices should only get better over the next few months with people possibly wanting the new model due to come out in the UK the end of this year but pricing, specs and options knowledge is limited at the moment (according to my dealer orders are being taken for LHD models in Europe from June/July).

But as for the 350 you are looking at, fuel economy is better than you'd think for the size of the car, and power is more than adequate. I'm 22 and insurance costs for me are what I would call reasonable (and I have points).

My Dad has one, its an amazing car and isn't that much larger than a 211. I felt at home driving it.

They seem to be reliable, they do have a DPF so be aware if its short town trips you may need to go out for a longer drive to help it regenerate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom