S Class Rear Seats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Azer

Car
S320
Hey up,

Does anybody on here have any experience with removing the back seats from a W220?
Are there any special tools required and do other S Class seats drop straight in or do I have to restrict my searching to certain years?

Any and all help appreciated.

Many Thanks

No special tools just don't lift the squab too quick as the wires for the heating elements don't have a lot of slack. Dare I ask what's happened to prompt removal?

No special tools just don't lift the squab too quick as the wires for the heating elements don't have a lot of slack. Dare I ask what's happened to prompt removal?
Noting has happened yet, I am interested in taking my existing ones out to replace them with those which feature the ability to hold the fridge.
Hence asking about model years.
Thanks

Seat removal is dead easy but replacing the fuel tank will be a bit of a faff unless you already have the ski option with the modified tank.

Seat removal is dead easy but replacing the fuel tank will be a bit of a faff unless you already have the ski option with the modified tank.
Oh Really?
Ah thats a serrious bummer.
I didn't think the fuel tank came up that high. Surely the arm-rest in the seat is not that low?
Kind of thought that the boot floor and seat pads were the same level.
Thanks

Yes, but the tank is behind the seat.
Oh.
That seems a very high position for it.
Normally they are under the boot floor, forward or around the spare wheel compartment.
Hmmm...
Not an easy way around this is there?

Oh.
That seems a very high position for it.
Normally they are under the boot floor, forward or around the spare wheel compartment.
Hmmm...
Not an easy way around this is there?
Nope

What year is the car, w220 there are 2 latches that are released by pressing on them. No tools needed, just look between the base and carpet 20cm in from the doors. Seat will lift when released.

What year is the car, w220 there are 2 latches that are released by pressing on them. No tools needed, just look between the base and carpet 20cm in from the doors. Seat will lift when released.
I think it is the petrol version of yours.
Y-reg, so 2001. Not sure if early or late, as some things are pre-facelift and some, post. E.G: Head lights are post-facelift. I think, the rear light clusters are pre. Will need to have a look.
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom