(S) Class sunset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SeasidePete

Car
W123 230ce, W220 S500, W219 CLS, W124 300ce
Lovely sunset today, and considering the car hasn't been washed for 2 weeks it doesn't look too bad if I say so myself!

Sunset

Your pictures can't be viewed. You need to setup an album with permissions for everyone to able to view and upload the pictures in there...

Thanks John. I do have one album that is private, my others are public. Dropped this pic in the wrong one! Is there a way of changing the setting from private to public or do I need to recreate the album?

Yeah works now - as does the first picture now, actually.

I couldn't see a way of changing it - only setting it right on a new one but I only had a quick cursory look.

Nice car - looks in good shape...

I had to do it via a PC, couldn't see a way of my phone. There's a wee square top left of the album cover you can click then you can get into options to change privacy.

And thanks, the car is in great shape for a 2003. No rust and minimal paint damage. My CLS which is only 3 yrs younger had crap paint and was a bugger to detail and polish. I'm sure they must specify less layers of paint on different models.

Don't even get me started on my Maser which seemed to peel paint like a cheap suntan

I had to do it via a PC, couldn't see a way of my phone. There's a wee square top left of the album cover you can click then you can get into options to change privacy.

And thanks, the car is in great shape for a 2003. No rust and minimal paint damage. My CLS which is only 3 yrs younger had crap paint and was a bugger to detail and polish. I'm sure they must specify less layers of paint on different models.

Don't even get me started on my Maser which seemed to peel paint like a cheap suntan

There's a wee square top left of the album cover you can click then you can get into options to change privacy.

Ahhh!

What Maser did you have?

I was once considering a GT (as per my avatar) but I couldn't comfortably fit in the bloody thing so gave up on the idea. Still love them though.

I had a quattroporte, 2009 so a proper one, not the diesel affair. My god did it sound amazing. We had to get rid cos it was just simply impractical, growing family, dog.... service costs:D

I've got a vid somewhere of a cold start. I often play it to myself in a dark room and dream of having her back :D:p:D

I'll see if I can upload it.

Yes, the 4.7 flat plane from Ferrari was one of the things I found intoxicating - especially with the right exhaust.

Servicing costs would have been astronomical, I knew that prior but was prepared for that had it worked out. Some of the parts prices like brakes are ridiculous.

£650 for a normal service
£1200 for a set of tyres (rears twice a year ;))
£90 for tyre pressure monitors, 1 per wheel - lucky if you don't have to change these at least once a year.
16mpg if you play nice, normally 12

But you drive down a narrow street with tall buildings, snap down a gear, blip the throttle and wow:D you soon forget small things like the costs. Then you have another baby and, bugger, it's all over:(

£90 for tyre pressure monitors, 1 per wheel - lucky if you don't have to change these at least once a year.

But you drive down a narrow street with tall buildings, snap down a gear, blip the throttle and wow:D you soon forget small things like the costs. Then you have another baby and, bugger, it's all over:(

Those maintenance costs don’t sound too bad actually! Is that serviced at main dealer?

Which GT did you want (year)? My pal has one but to be honest, if I was to buy one again I'd still go for the 4 door. The GT is a gorgeous car but the ride is so hard

That's my local garage. They are really good and have all the scan software so can do all the servicing. Owens wanted 950!

Sounds great - amazing noise. I would have got one with the sport exhaust (oval) and rigged the valve to stay open.

Yes, my local inde said budget £2k each year and you should be fine which I was happy with (even though you probably won't spend it all). Even with the first of the facelift Granturismos (c2013), you are talking upwards of heavy £40k to buy it which I was fine with.

However, the total costs together coupled with the fact I cannot find a comfortable seating position in them means I had to rule them out. Even if I could, and probably the seat only needs to be back a further 2" or 3", the internal roofline padding means my head is pushed at an angle to the left as I drive it because there is not enough room. I'm too tall and too heavy for them sadly!

Which GT did you want (year)? My pal has one but to be honest, if I was to buy one again I'd still go for the 4 door. The GT is a gorgeous car but the ride is so hard

I found the ride to be OK actually and GTs are more my thing than racing cars these days given the choice.

As above, was after a facelift (with 4.7 and ZF Auto) but also as above, my quest ended which was about a year ago now when I re-tried a final GT just to be sure I couldn't adjust the seat in any way to fit. Even then, the ceiling issue cannot be resolved. So it's a "Say No Go" for me...

That's a shame. I guess you must be tall. I'm 6.1 and I must admit the roof line in the GT doesn't help at my height but the 4 door was perfect.

That's a shame. I guess you must be tall. I'm 6.1 and I must admit the roof line in the GT doesn't help at my height but the 4 door was perfect.

Indeed - 6'4" and I am heavy (120KG / 20st) so those GT seats are not the most comfortable either. Not much I can do about it other than move on although it does mean I go for large comfy luxobarges with lots of gadgets so not all bad... :D

I don't mind the QP GTS I must admit but it would always remind me that I couldn't have what I really wanted which was the Turismo so I didn't venture far down that road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom