S Class W221 lowering module

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sam87

Car
S65AMG V12 BiTurbo & S63AMG V8 BiTurbo Designo
Hello everyone

I do apologise that lately all I seem to be doing is asking questions.

As some of you know I have an S600 W221 model as a project car and I'm thinking of lowering it a bit. (30mm - 40mm all around)

I've read that you can trick the suspension by putting washers on the original drop links or buying adjustable drop links.

I've also read that you can buy a module that lowers the car.

Renntech lowering module is about £800 which I thought is a bit too much.

I've found another make of lowering module and I wanted to ask you guys what you think of it?
Is it worth buying it?
I don't want to ruin my suspension in the long run.
This one works out around £400
Please click on the link below and let me know if I should go for this or should I just change the drop links only?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07C7G3J13/

Any advise is much appreciated!

You can also get it lowered on star if you have airmatic. Think that could be your best option, if not I would fit a module personally, a rebranded renntech one from these guys:

Loweringmodule.com

It's embarrassing to say but I don't know if it's airmatic or ABC.
How do I find out what suspension it has?
It looks same setup as my old 2003 cl500.... it has a button that makes it go up and down

Thank you for the link! The $499 one in the link looks the same as the one I've posted, it plugs to the obd. Maybe it's the same company?

Thank you for the link! The $499 one in the link looks the same as the one I've posted, it plugs to the obd. Maybe it's the same company?

Apologies Sam

This is the specific one I was referring to! It's an excellent piece of kit very flexible too with regards to what suits your needs best. The remote is a very handy feature and you can return it to stock within seconds, set to the max drop is 50mm IIRC.

Programa V2 Lowering Module with Remote

Apologies Sam

This is the specific one I was referring to! It's an excellent piece of kit very flexible too with regards to what suits your needs best. The remote is a very handy feature and you can return it to stock within seconds, set to the max drop is 50mm IIRC.

Programa V2 Lowering Module with Remote

Thank you! That's great, I think this is the one I'll go for it I find the wheels I want and then lower the car.
It's so hard to find nice wheels for this car

Sam, no problem, Just so you know I have the same module in my ML and it has been brilliant. I had a few issues when I had it fitted (by a company who refused to accept my suggestion to resolve the issue of it not performing correctly) but that was soon sorted when I took a look at it myself and did what they refused to do!

Great bit of kit for not a lot of money. IIRC it was around £450-£500 by the time you factored in import duties, taxes and shipping.

Off to read your other post re wheels!

Thats great to know, appreciate the help.
Looks like it's the best value for money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom