s class wont start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craigt

HELP !!!

I have a 2000 s class.

i have a problem, i understand, with my drivers side door. so i asked my friends dad to have a look (hes an electronics engineer), he checked wiring etc, also one by one checked the fuses, all seems ok, so guessing its a problem with the module itself.

However !!! now ive got a bigger problem - the car wont start, i mean it wont crank over ! turning the key you have 'ignition' lights but nothing not even a sound when you turn the key fully.

Please Help

Is the engine turning

Battery? check voltage and then try a ump start?

Check every single fuse in the engine compartment (on the drivers side). I cant remember the fuse number but you might just find your problem there. I had a friend with a similar problem and when we replaced a single fuse in that fuse box it cranked and started immediately. HTH

Thanks all, Engine is not turning, ive checked the bttery voltage, all good, even tried a jump start but no luck, also checked fuses all good !!

Help, just realised i cant move the car either as its stuck in Park !!

First do not jump start your Mercedes, you can very easily overload a SAM unit. Secondly have you checked your starter motor for power ? and also more importantly have you checked the motronic/starter motor relay which is located in the engine compart inside the black fuse box (on the drivers side). Check the relay closest to the firewall. HTH.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom