S&R FORMBY - THANKS !!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

petef

Car
Mercedes 200C
Despite the niggling tappett noise on my car.... and my obsession with it..( and i know ive moaned a bit ! )..... i must say that S&R Motors have been brilliant despite my reservations at first...( only due to past bad experience from the motor trade )...Ray was very patient with me hassling him about the problem and really tried his very best to resolve the matter...and i have to be honest the noise has since nearly died completely now....sooo i recommend them totally to anyone thinkin of takin their car to them for repairs...I ve tested em and theyre good...very good.I will always use them....they are on my Christmas card list...!!!
Thanks again Ray.... ;)

So what has cured the noise or is it just reducing as everything beds in?

Nice to hear you're getting on Ok with this garage now, and to think you were on about suing them!!

The noise vanished when the exhaust manifold gasket was done....but gradually came back ....nowhere near as bad at all....and then vanished again....!! Not forgetting this time the rockers were also replaced and a spray bar, so i just think the garage tried absolutely everything. Maybe i am the only one who has has been ripped off before by previous garages,and thats why i am so cynical an untrusting !!! ..and as i said in previous threads i was at the end of my tether. Where this garage stands out is that they actually deliver the goods and that is very unusual in this day and age.So yes, i did initially over react, but i am sure incidents like these strike a cord with many a viewer to this site, and thats why i have put the record straight by recommending this garage to all those out there who are as untrusting, miserable,cynical, and middle aged sods...like me !!! !!!!

Bravo Petef, great to here things are sorted and great to see someone who is prepared to admit a mistake and put the record straight.
Have a nana :bannana:

I too am pleased that you have things sorted. Ray has never let me down and I went to him through a reccomendation from this forum. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom