S/W204 - ODB2, 16pin, or 38pin?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyjenkins

Car
S204 C250 Sport
All,
I'm looking at getting one of these Bluetooth OBD2 adapters, feeding an Android piece of software (Torque for Android)) for my C250 S204. Reason ? No reason other than out of interest.

I've read lots so far, but one thing I've not found out yet is if the OBD2 port on the S/W204 is 16pin or 38pin? I read another post somewhere that said you need a 16pin 38 adapter (about £30). Yet I see others on this forum who have purchased a 16pin (rectangle shape) OBD2 adapter and not mentioned any fitment issues.

Is the S/W204 a 16pin or 38 pin ODB2 port ?
I had a scan of the owners manual and online, but could not find the location .... anyone know for sure where the port is.

I'm not looking to change anything, nor am I looking for problems, as I as far as I'm concerned, the car is running fine ... I'm just interested to see what stuff I can yank out and pretend I have a baby Skyline like readout lol

As Black55 said.

On my w203, it is under a flap on the underside of the dashboard, right above the driver's right knee. I can't imagine that one the W204 it will be somewhere else?

Thanks both ..... will get the unit see the info and stick it in the glove box never to get it out again lol

Cheers,
Andy

Hi, sorry to raise an old thread, but does anyone know of one of these OBD bluetooth devices that definitely works with a 2010 W204? The Torque App is on my new head end unit and I fancy using it.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Like all generic OBD devices it will read the emissions codes (OBD was originally designed for the Californian smog crusade) and other systems which use standard codes. Many manufacturers have piggy backed their own diagnostic systems onto the basic OBD format, but these use proprietary codes and require dedicated readers to extract the information. Some of the more advanced readers can read a goodly proportion of the codes but they do cost a fair bit more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom