s124 200te engine stops working when hot and breaking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarek

Car
91' 200te, w210 1997
hello, its my first time so pls dont be nasty. i have got problem with my mb 200te (w124 estate). when engine is warm during driving engine sometimes stops working. on free turns for example when stop on traffic lights go down to just 500. the worst is when try parking. its so annoing. maybe you have any idea? i just month ago bought this car and my mechanic- he is my friend as well, has no idea what is this. please help

Last edited:
Might be the Crankshaft Position Sensor ...

Does it hard start when hot?

what is it Crankshaft Position Sensor? what does it do?

You will have the M102 engine with Jetronic KE injection. It sounds as if the engine wont idle when warm. When starting from cold the mixture is rich and the idle speed is increased. Once heated up the mixture goes back to normal and the fast idle slows to normal. It sounds as if the engine is running a weak mixture or needs its idle adjusted. This is best done on an old fashioned engine analyser with an exhaust gas analyser attachment to check CO/ HYDROCARBONS and this should also show up any weak mixture problems. It's possible there is an air leak round the manifold or associated rubber pipework or you may have an ignition timing problem. Best get the car checked by someone who knows these Bosch injection systems.

thank you. for help. i will check it over the weekend and let you know. thanx

This is likely to be either a sticky throttle plate, idle control valve or an intake system vacuum leak, possibly the underside of the jetronic unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom