S124 4 wheel alignment

• Thread starter Deleted member 11979
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 11979

Morning chaps,

The long running saga of getting my S124 level and steering correctly continues.

After getting it sitting level, and replacing the suspension spheres, springs, lower wishbones at the front etc I took the car for 4 wheel alignment.

The chap at the garage needed to determine the ride height in order to set the values correctly.

He tried to do this using model type, and couldn't find my specific car on his list.

In any event, I'm not sure that taking the ride height from a book (25 year old car an all that) is the best way to determine what it is now.

He said that a device exists that will measure this, but he didn't have one.

Any suggestions? Is this figure crucial? I would guess that the car sits approximately as it did when it left the factory as we've only fitted the correct parts for this car, and it does "look right"

BTW, the car is an S124 300TD manual.

Thanks in advance

Ride height is measured on the car with two tools, one for the front, one for the rear, do a search, I posted the part numbers previously.

Nobody has them, you may have to call MBUK to get them if you really want them - they have to supply as part of their contract with Daimler I think, so you should win on that front, I did at least, MBNZ were very helpful here in NZL..

Ride height largely affects the amount of camber.

You can use the nominal values for alignment figures if your car looks correct. Just trick the machine into thinking your ride heights are at their nominal values.

Thanks WDB, I shall look into it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom