S124 convenience relay anormality

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Habil

Car
1993 W124 E250TD
I just rewired the front RH window switch correctly so that it's connected to the convenience relay. Before it was connected straight to the window.

My LH front window works fine, but the RH acts funny. If you open a door it goes down, and the relay stays connected until I close the door. If I then press the switch to close the window both the up and down relay activate and then the down relay stays active.

I think the down relay is getting a small current because if I open it with something it stays open.

I've checked all the door switches and rewired the tailgate. And check all the relays.

I can't start the engine, so can't say what it would do then.

Any help would be great.

Ta

Best bet is to start at the comfort control module and test the wiring back to the switch and motor from the disconnected plug A on the module. It seems like it may be a slight earth on the auto down wire or the down one. Careful on descriptions with this so you don't get in a pickle. The convenience relay is the main relay that powers the convenience system located in the fuse relay box. This is where you have the 2 coils that operate with the door pin switches and the ignition circuits. The system is not affected by the engine state. Attached is my breakdown of plug A connections if it helps. Comfort connector.jpg

And do you have the pin breakdown of plugs D and E.

I can't seem to find anything useful when searching.

Thanks

Split wire in the rubber concertina that the wires pass through from door pillar to the door .As they keep bending in side as the door opens and shuts the can fracture ,, and in some cases touch other wires in the same condition .The power window wires also run through the same rubber gaiter ..

Don't think it's the wires inside the cortina. It like the relay coil is getting energised slightly, I'll check this evening.

Thanks for the ideas.

Just a quick update, I've not had time to do any wire checking but, the Dow relay is getting 4.5v with the door open and 0V with the door closed. I'll try and trace the circuit when I get a bit of time.

Habil

I am trying to track a problem with a W124-023 230E,English delivered here in Australia , So RHD. It has the interior light fault, switch has power etc etc . What i need to find is the relay. Where would that be hidden on an english delivered car? It's not where the Australian and US cars have it.
Any clues are much appreciated.
Ron B.

I am trying to track a problem with a W124-023 230E,English delivered here in Australia , So RHD. It has the interior light fault, switch has power etc etc . What i need to find is the relay. Where would that be hidden on an english delivered car? It's not where the Australian and US cars have it.
Any clues are much appreciated.
Ron B.
I'm not sure. I've got a LHD car. The relay under the left rear seat is for the power windows only as far as I now.
The interior lights I think are on a switched earth.
There is also a relay that provides power to some of the electrics when a door is open.

Ps, you might want to start another thread for your problem.

I have solved the problem. It was a transistor inside the relay (BC 337 40). It had a internal short.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom