S124 E280 Superchaged 7-seater.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I half thought about it... Nice colour, supercharger, 7-seater and the seller has 100% feedback.
However, it's low to the ground and has stretched tyres and although the fabric seats in my previous 124 were reasonably comfortable, there's no guarantee the leather would be the same.

Remove the Quattroporte wheels, replace with AMG II's and raise the height to a reasonably comfortable ride setting and it's a nice motor as long as the price doesn't go too high.

I like it. :) LINK.

Last edited:
ringway said:
I half thought about it... Nice colour, supercharger, 7-seater and the seller has 100% feedback. However, it's low to the ground and has stretched tyres and although the fabric seats in my previous 124 were reasonably comfortable, there's no guarantee the leather would be the same. Remove the Quattroporte wheels, replace with AMG II's and raise the height to a reasonably comfortable ride setting and it's a nice motor as long as the price doesn't go too high. I like it. :) LINK.

Hmmmmm. I like that.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I quite like it but a bit strange not to have a pic of the engine bay, since that's the unique feature of this car.

Note it has water injection fitted so presumably hasn't always been running the "very mild" boost mentioned ...

I quite like it but a bit strange not to have a pic of the engine bay, since that's the unique feature of this car.

Note it has water injection fitted so presumably hasn't always been running the "very mild" boost mentioned ...

Here you go.:thumb:

It wont make much more boost than quoted as the eaton blower is too small for a m104.

$_3.JPG

I thought exactly the same ringway, how strong are the standard rods in the 280?

Dunno but i looked at a LOT of cosmetically nice 124s that were utter dogs under the shiny paint before i found mine. I don't think much of the fabrication but obviously that doesn't say anything as to how well (or badly) the engine runs

I thought exactly the same ringway, how strong are the standard rods in the 280?

I'm not at all sure on that one, Merc85.

However, if it really has sold this time, the winning bid was £1925.
One to keep an eye out for. ;)

M104 rods laugh at over a bar of boost! It will be the detonation caused by the crap engine management system that would kill the engine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom