S124 E280T 1996 7 seats auto

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
I'm soon to be replacing my much loved shed of a 124 estate. I've owned the car since July 08 (at 119k miles, certified by previous owner), and it would be best used as a carefree hack/trades/tip runaround, such is the physical condition. Azurite blue, e/windows and tilt/slide sunroof. MoT'd til May and taxed until April.

Mechanically, the engine is smooth and drives the car beautifully, the car having now covered approx. 147,000 miles, and starts on the button. A bit of a timing cover gasket leak, and drive selects with a slight clunk. Once selected, the gears change smoothly and correctly, and kickdown works perfectly. The car really is a pleasure to drive, straight and true, and very comfortable thanks to the SLS and leather seats. In my time, I've had new discs and pads, nsf ball joint, new MB centre exhaust box, a new radiator last year and general sevicing. I have all the mots since 2006, I think, and my local dealer tracked a service record from MB Watford, who replaced the oil pump, and other related parts including gasket and head valve at about 80k.

Body will never be concours and most panels have been painted, some better than others. The lady I bought the car from lived on a busy main road, where the car was parked. Front wings I think are non genuine, and are starting to rust slighty on the wheel arches. Rear bumper is cracked in a few places, and front has a piece of the valance missing. Nsr wing is rusting in the usual spot around the cargo window, and is gaffer taped to prevent water ingress.

Interior is mushroom leather, and not too shabby with no rips or tears, but the rear facing seats have mold staining from water ingress. The driver's seat has not worn in the usual spot on the bolster, and is very comfy. Carpets are not worn, but a bit grubby.

The pic below was taken in August 2011, and makes the car look better than it is. At £575, it should be depreciation free, and hopefully make a reliable workhorse w.h.y for someone. The car is based in Bournemouth, and I am hoping to purchase a car based in Surrey this weekend, so could probably arrange a viewing en route. Please pm me if interested

Sleighcr.jpg

Car now sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom