S124 exhaust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Williamwoo

Car
W124 E320 estate / Audi A6 BiTdi / Skoda Yeti 4x4 / VW Caravelle
Hi all,
My '95 S124 E320 needs a replacement middle section of the exhaust, but my mechanic cannot get one from his usual suppliers. Can anybody tell me whether the middle exhaust section is the same part on the estate (S124) as the saloon (W124)?

I've had a snoop round Ebay (as you do), but have found contradictory evidence.

Cheers in advance.

Thanks all for the advice. I'll have a look at that index thingy when I get a moment and go from there. Can't imagine having one made up would be cheap though!!

Easy they just use the old flanges on to new piece of pipe they even bend them to shape to fit your car .

Easy they just use the old flanges on to new piece of pipe they even bend them to shape to fit your car .

Thanks, but the trouble is that the silencer section of the part also needs replacing. Mercedes UK cannot supply it, and nor can any of the online retailers I've so far contacted (despite their fanciful claims of 'we can supply any part' etc). Help!
Part number is A1244906621 btw, and chassis number is WDB1240922F312750

I was lucky with my Mercedes it came with stainless steel set up . As far as i know its been on the car for 25 years . So if i could recon up how many silencer parts i would have to replace in all of that time it would be a fair old price . So it was worth the owner before me fitting a S/S . So what about a good used silencer ,,try the pick and pull yards ,,i would . Yards i used to visit in the past all the silencers were kept in one place for resale if they were any good ..

TRY These guys/

TRY These guys/

Thanks for that - I did try and email them but didn't get a response (as with others). However, my mechanic did another repair job on the existing part and it duly got its MOT. Happy days (well, at least until it becomes impossible to re-weld)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom