S124: now back from the bodyshop!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcbrucer

Car
R230
Got the car back earlier in the week and I think they’ve done a cracking job! I swapped the badly corroded wheels out for a set of 16” 8 hole’s I picked up cheap on eBay. Looking’ good!

Next up, need to get the oily bits sorted out…

3DiXglS.jpg

omitlDM.jpg

Looks superb mate, I take it that's a full respray, how much did it set you back?

Looks great! Looking to do the same to mine, it has rust in nearly all the same spots!

thanks all!

Its not a full respray - just the front wings, the tailgate and most of the side that had the nasty grot under the window and behind the rear jacking point. I do think you can see where the old paint meets the new, particularly in photos (and more so than in the flesh) but I’m not sure much can be done about it.
It was never meant to be pristine showroom-fresh example - just grot free and presentable and I think its pretty much there now…

I think it looks great. Personally I would put the amber indicators on the front. IT may help if you are worried about paint blending as it helps break up the colour and takes your eyes away from the biggest expanse of paint. Its also not expensive to do ;ˆ)

Keep up the great work and the pics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom