S124 tailgate spoiler, yes or no? (poll)

Do I fit it or not

• No way, looks terrible

Votes: 7 28.0%
  • yes, looks ok

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Yes, but paint it the car body colour

Votes: 10 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

carat 3.6

MB Enthusiast
Car
S124 E300d wagon, W124 om606 monster, E46 v8 coupe
Hi all, I've had another one of my daft ideas again.:rolleyes:

This time I'm thinking about fitting the rear spoiler from a 1993 vw polo, to the tailgate of the s124 wagon. It dose sort of fit, but I'm not sure that it dosent just looks silly. I've posted a picture below of it held on with masking tape, but please let me know your thoughts.

DSC01107.jpg

DSC01106.jpg

Do it, but paint it bodycolour! Would look even better with a highlevel brakelight under it!

strangely enough......it looks pretty good.

I suppose you'll need the aerodynamic advantage with all that power :)

It actually looks O.K, and I'd keep it black to match the roof bars and other trim.

Is that a radio Jackie sticket on the rear window?

I suppose you'll need the aerodynamic advantage with all that power :)

It actually looks O.K, and I'd keep it black to match the roof bars and other trim.

Is that a radio Jackie sticket on the rear window?

It's a beast you know, you have to be carefull with your right foot.:rolleyes:

Yes, I listen to jackie regulary, I get crystal clear reception too, which is weird because I'm in buckinghamshire.:confused:

The Polo one looks OK , but there was a 'proper' one made for the W124 TE by Hella with LED brake light incorporated .

Probably rare as hen's teeth now , though .

i really like that! go for it, but body colour. let us know the progress and how it fits on.

I think it will look poor. Black doesn't suit, but painting it will be difficult, given it is a matt surface.

Stay proudly unadorned:)

I may have to use the tape, as the sides of the spoiler sit on the metal strip in the window rubber. I should be able to do something more substantial along the top though. I will need to alter the washer jet too....

Yes if painted body colour

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom