S124 / W124 exhaust hangers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcbrucer

Car
R230
Hello

The rear and middle sections of the exhaust on my recently acquired S124 E220 are either partially or completely missing (jubilee clip anyone?)

I need to get some new replacements but as I don't have the originals, I've no idea what I'm looking for.

Can anyone help me with the part numbers or eBay links?

Cheers!

I'd start at the MB dealer & see what they cost.

They are not expensive from MB. Few quid at most from what I remember

As said they're dirt cheap from MB. As long as you avoid sites like eurocraparts or GSF most places will give an MB part # when you look stuff up for example...

Rubber Strip MERCEDES-BENZ KOMBI Estate (S124) 300TE (124.092) ( 162 KW / 220 PS from 1992 ) - Exhaust System shows the two types of hanger used, 2ea of the rectangular type for the rear box and one of the triangular type for the centre box. Click any of those and the site will give you MB # as well as the part suppliers in house number. That site is one of several European suppliers with UK contact details. COOLING: Radiator: 62683A -- NISSENS is another site worth bookmarking. No silly mind games like eurocrap, no 'in house' part numbers that can't be cross referenced just competitively priced parts that can be looked up by car, by OE part number or by manufacturer part #

Can then look up the part on SUSPENSION RING - 190 1983 - 1991 190E 2.0 - Mercedes-Benz Parts, Inchcape Note that the need to put the # in with no spaces and prefixed with 'a'. Descriptions are virtually always nonsensical, the example in the link is the centre hanger

If for whatever reason you don't want to buy from MB then avoid exhaust hangers from the bay etc unless they're a recognised brand like Bosal etc. I've made that mistake before as it was easy/convienent and was replacing the POS rubber hanger again a year later

Thanks all, I'll follow up on these with the dealer and thanks Hotrodder for those links...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom