S124 with Aero 1's rubbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
However, it's probably a combination of pikey arches, and slightly tired suspension that's leading the rubbing.

Witch can be sorted with the plastic washers,lol

In all honesty I have no idea what the plastic washers do. Do they simply replace existing bolts and deform the wing shape slightly?

They push the panels/bumpers out slightly. AIRC the offical MB instructions are on here somewhere. I think the fitting instructions are slightly different for the S124.

Thanks for the replies, original post had the offset in and wasn't altered ;) The pikey chrome arches will be gone soon, and the previous owner was meticulous with the waxoyl so only a tiny bit of bubbling on the drivers arch so far but we'll see what it's like when i remove them!
Like Dash has said i think i'll go down the AMG spacer kit before looking into rolling the arches, just wondered if anyone knew if they would work on the S124?

AMG Wheel Spacer Kit thread on mercedes-190.co.uk

Yes they do, I have a 10mm set on my w124 front wings. I also have a 5mm set on the front bumper mountings, and the amg spacers to limit shock absorber travel.

I don't suppose you know any part numbers? :thumb:

The 15mm front wing spacer kit has part numbers: hwa 124 880 01 97 and: b6 602 0072.

The 20mm shock absorber kit has part numbers: hwa 124 323 01 44 and: b6 6 02 0074.

Last edited:
The 6mm front wing spacer kit has part numbers: hwa 201 990 25 40 and: b6 6 47 0020.

There are also 10mm and 20mm wing spacer kits, but I havent got the part numbers for those.

Last edited:
The kits appear to consist of a thin nylon spacer and a screw. I think you could replicate them for pennies

They`re not that expensive Nick,though I had to come up with ideas on the ones on my saloon to

These are the front wing spacers that Dash referenced.
You can buy teflon rod stock and cut the spacers as needed.

The linked document should help:

http://www.w124performance.com/docs/mb/W124/wheel_install_17x8.0_ET28.pdf

Ed A.

AMG_fender_spacer-1.jpg

Last edited:
The spacer kits are £20 each from a dealer, DIY here i come.

Just buy them man,lol.The only reason I did not put originals on my car was that I could not wait for delivery from Germany again

I am the proud owner of a set of these wheels (Aero1 17x8 ET28). I bought them for my s124. 'Wish I had read this first! LOL.
The wheels are currently wearing some 215/45/17 (from memory).
This is a narrower tyre than that mentioned previously in the thread.
Do you think simply rolling the arches will cover the tyres without having to resort to the rest of the procedure?
I attach a pic of the wheel in the current front wheel arch.

Attachments

• IMAG0307.jpg
    IMAG0307.jpg
    222.5 KB · Views: 23
I am the proud owner of a set of these wheels (Aero1 17x8 ET28). I bought them for my s124. 'Wish I had read this first! LOL.
The wheels are currently wearing some 215/45/17 (from memory).
This is a narrower tyre than that mentioned previously in the thread.
Do you think simply rolling the arches will cover the tyres without having to resort to the rest of the procedure?
I attach a pic of the wheel in the current front wheel arch.

Looking at your picture, I think you will need to space out the front wings. It is not very hard to do.:thumb:

Do you agree that I have to roll the arches too? What about restricting the front suspension travel?
Thanks.

Do you agree that I have to roll the arches too? What about restricting the front suspension travel?
Thanks.

I doubt you`ll need rolling the arches,just use the spacers first and go from there

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom