S124 with Aero 1's rubbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Assuming that the tyre must be covered by the arch I don't think that even a 20mm spacer would be enough. Also, doesn't moving the wing outwards create a large gap at the top of the wing too?

. Also, doesn't moving the wing outwards create a large gap at the top of the wing too?

If you click on the link in the post with the photo of the spacers you will see that the spacers only go on the bottom bolts not the ones at the top of the wing.

Thanks. That makes sense. I am not confident that this alone will be enough to give the 30mm or so additional cover for the tyre that will be required. The same is also required for the rear wing where there is no scope for spacers. Has anyone done this job?

That sounds like a awful lot of offset.

Are you sure they are ET28 and not ET11?

What's on the back of the wheel (markings)?

That's the first thing I checked but they are definitely 100% correct. All the numbers and dimensions stamped on the wheels match those in the installation guide in the posting above. Part number is 740 00 98.

These wheels don't fit right without the AMG spacer kit... On my estate the spacer kit has made them seem sensible but from certain angles, they still seem like they stick out too far, particularly on the rear arches... its just how they are...

On my 190E I resorted to going for a stretched look tyre... which works...

A question if you can help...
MB Great West Rd have told me that the spacer kit which I have as part number B6 602 0072 is 'NLA'. Anyone confirm this?
I know I can make up the kit as stated in previous posts.

A question if you can help...
MB Great West Rd have told me that the spacer kit which I have as part number B6 602 0072 is 'NLA'. Anyone confirm this?
I know I can make up the kit as stated in previous posts.

I've just ordered B6 602 0071, which is nearly the same but ment for the 190e.

I've just ordered B6 602 0071, which is nearly the same but ment for the 190e.

The kit was delivered yesterday, contains 2 x 5mm spacers, 6 x 15mm spacers, and all the longer bolts.:cool:

DSC01783-1.jpg

DSC01782.jpg

Do you know how the 201 kit differs from the 124?

I think you are right, as far as the available images show.
Do you mind saying what the price of the 201 kit was from MB?

I think you are right, as far as the available images show.
Do you mind saying what the price of the 201 kit was from MB?

I payed £19, but that is with a 10% discount. Had to wait a few days for it to come from Germany though.

Do you know how the 201 kit differs from the 124?

As said ^ the 124 kit has two per side and it comes in pack of two

Where are you located?

Woking - Sunny Surrey.

Woking - Sunny Surrey.

Find a washing machine place near you or maybe just stop a Currys truck and ask them for transit brackets for washing machines

Or if you like,send me your address and I`ll post you some

Thanks for the advice & offer. I think I have some of those things in my garage from the last machine I bought but I decided to order the W201 kit from MB as it comes with the screws as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom