S203 COMAND problem - aerial or nav unit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rory

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
C270CDi Estate (late 2004 facelift model) - Bought 2005, Sold 2022.
My faithful (touch wood) 2005 facelift C Class estate has thrown up a problem - COMAND intermittantly doesn't know where it is, which left me in something of a pickle in Windsor the other day! That's the second time it's happened in the last couple of weeks.

I know the aerial can fail (I assume it's the external one on the rear door?) but I read that in that case the bottom info bar on the display will show 0 satellites - what happens in mine is that info bar disappears altogether.

Anyone experienced this issue before?

Well, it worked for a couple of 50-60 mile trips over the weekend.

Got a long journey tomorrow (oddly enough to Windsor again) so I'll see how it goes.

Most likely aerial

If you're going to Windsor, its only 15 mins to comand.co.uk in lightwater (M3 J3).

Richard

Thanks Richard - annoyingly I'd have had time last week as it was only a half-day meeting, but this time it's a training course for 2 full days.

I thought / hoped it would be the aerial, but was a bit thrown by the info bar disappearing completely and I saw a reference that it could be the nav processor.

I'll try and make time on another trip soon.

Well, navigation worked perfectly on the trip to and from Windsor, via a colleague's house in (very) deepest darkes Bucks in both directions, over the last couple of days. On the motorway it's generally flipping between 11 and 12 satellites.

I will say that the response to zoom in and out key presses sometimes seemed slow, and I had to store a new destination and it took a good 10 seconds to complete the save. Maybe it's always like that and I'm just noticing it more?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom