S203 rear wheel arch liner removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheGr8Cornelius

Car
S203 220CDI
Hi,
First post so hope I’ve put it in the right place!
I have recently bought my father in laws 2007 S203 220CDI after he gave up driving.
I have always liked the car and got it for what I considered a reasonable price,although there are a few jobs need doing.
Is it and easy job to remove the rear arch liner?
These appear to be made of carpet and I’d like to give everything underneath there a good clean.
Also,seems really difficult to clean any crud out of the rather deep groove in the upturned edge of the arch lip.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,Chris.

I found this when I removed the liners from mine, it's for the W204 but basically the same,
from memory I think getting the liner past the damper was a bit of a fiddle but easy enough

Hello and welcome along. They are a carpet like materiel for sound deadening and yes the wheel arch lip is a crud collector. Get a set of these .

1621014940675.png Third one from the bottom is good for scraping crud out without scratching through rust proofing . These trim removal kits are available on line from about £15. I would not be without one for all sorts of job's, many for not even what they were designed for :thumb:

Thanks for your advice.
Those tools look just the job for getting in to remove all the crud from the arch lip.
Thank you.

The plastic push pin retainers can be bought cheaply on line , best to have some new ones to hand as they can break and distort when being removed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom