S204 (2011) spare wheel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Noticed last night that I have a small piece of rubber hanging loose on the sidewall of a tyre. It is maybe 2mm deep and 10mm long. Could that be an urgent issue or will it wait a few days? (away from my normal trusted garage at the moment)

In connection, does anybody know the spare wheel type (normal or space save etc.) on these please? I should of course put my big boy trousers on and go look but it has not stopped hurtling down all day!

Think I have found spare type (VIN checker says 690 EMERGENCY SPARE TIRE (MINI SPARE) ) but will leave question here is case anybody looks for the same information in the future

Last edited:
Noticed last night that I have a small piece of rubber hanging loose on the sidewall of a tyre. It is maybe 2mm deep and 10mm long. Could that be an urgent issue or will it wat a few days? (away from my normal trusted garage at the moment)

In connection, does anybody know the spare wheel type(normal or space save etc.) on these please? I should of course put my big boy trousers on and go look but it has not stopped hurtling down all day!
Hello
My S204 C250cgi 2010 has a spare wheel 125 90 16 with tyre pressure of 50psi
Hope this helps
Jim

The small piece of rubber could be part of the rim protection, if your tyre has this feature. In this case it's fine.

Otherwise it would depend on how the deep the cut is, I.e. if it goes all the way to the carcass in which case it's an MOT fail and the car shouldn't be driven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom