s204 aux in glove box not working?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aido

Car
C250 cdi amg sport estate
hi guys ,

I am clueless when its comes to car audio , but i have noticed the aux socket in glove box so went and brought a lead (3.5mm )to play my iPhone tunes using this it but nothing happens.

will this just be put in from factory and then optional extra to get it hooked up? or am i being stupid?

i took it to local dealer and after 3 people coming out to look at it they told me its for plugging in diagnostics computer!

car is a 2009 w204 estate cdi amg sport.

thanks for any help !

adrian

If it is the 3.5mm Aux Socket in the Glove Box? You need to plug in your iphone and start playing your music. Then on the radio/comand unit you need to select "aux" this is normally done by pressing the "audio" button twice to display the "aux" function.

Hi thanks for the reply yes I mean the one in glove box my stereo doesn't have button that says "audio"?

Do you know what model stereo you have? It could be an aftermarket job that is not using the aux socket.

Last edited:
As Bruce said, you should have a flat scroll wheel to your left near the centre, flick it towards the rear of the car and select cd/aux or whatever is there and then scroll to aux

On my Comand unit (2 I think) I have to press the "system" button, then turn the right hand? knob to aux.

Neil

Ok guys thanks all for the help I have sused it out ! Thanks again for the help finally some decent tunes!well maybe the wife won't think so ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom