S204 C250 - Rear Split Seats - Folding Down?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mpc

Car
2018 S205 C250 AMG LINE PREMIUM D AUTO
I have a 61 plate S204 C250 (estate) with rear split folding seats.
I cannot work out how to fold down just the single seat option as when I try the parcel shelf bar seems fixed to seat preventing it folding forward.
I can fold down the other side fine but that also lowers the single seat (i.e. the whole back seat folds forward.
What am I missing here?

I have a 61 plate S204 C250 (estate) with rear split folding seats.
I cannot work out how to fold down just the single seat option as when I try the parcel shelf bar seems fixed to seat preventing it folding forward.
I can fold down the other side fine but that also lowers the single seat (i.e. the whole back seat folds forward.
What am I missing here?
You need to remove the parcel shelf/blind to do what I think you want to do. If you leave the small 1/3 seat in place, you can't fold the 2/3 without removing the shelf/blind. Hope this answers your query.

Ernie

You should be able to lower the offside 1/3rd by releasing the catch that side (offside) of the back seat, leaving the boot cover thing in place (it's attached to the top of the 2/3rd part of the seat back). You can't lower the 2/3rds part without first lowering the 1/3rd part due to the boot cover casette.

You should be able to lower the offside 1/3rd by releasing the catch that side (offside) of the back seat, leaving the boot cover thing in place (it's attached to the top of the 2/3rd part of the seat back). You can't lower the 2/3rds part without first lowering the 1/3rd part due to the boot cover casette.

I thought I 'should' be able to lower the offside 1/3rd by releasing the catch but it won't budge after releasing the catch. Thats why i've posted here for help.....

I thought I 'should' be able to lower the offside 1/3rd by releasing the catch but it won't budge after releasing the catch. Thats why i've posted here for help.....

That means something is wrong, as I never have a problem dropping the offside 1/3rd. Sounds like the catch is not releasing - or you're being too gentle pulling the catch and then the seat back. My guess is something wrong with the catch/release, but I have no idea how you'd get at it unless you could remove the offside rear panelling to get to the nuts securing the U shape that the catch catches on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom