S204 C63 Facelift Audio Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hoppum

Car
S204 C63 507
I'm in the market for a C63 estate currently, though I'm not to up to speed on the standard equipment vs options. I'm a bit fussy when it comes to music and don't really enjoy any FM radio stations, and as I'm looking to daily the car I'd like to be able to listen to what I'd like, either DAB or from my old ipod touch.

Audio wise, I know that DAB and the premium sound system (Harmon Kardon?) are options, but is an ipod compatible USB connection, or is that standard?

If DAB wasn't spec'd originally, can it be retrofitted/activated with a software update? Or does it require a stereo/aerial replacement?

Whilst I see see most cars have bluetooth, does this allow for music/podcast streaming from your phone in a user friendly way?

And is the premium sound system worthwhile?

Thanks in advance.

My 2013 W204 doesn't have DAB. I Bluetooth music from my phone. The phone stays in my pocket and can be controlled from the steering wheel (volume & station changes) with most stations showing info on the screen. I don't have command, just the audio 20. I have an auto play app on my phone which starts the music as soon as Bluetooth connects automatically (after a 30s streaming buffer I set.)

The original specced DAB works well in mine. I find the Harmon Kardon on mine pretty good but have heard complaints from others on here.

The HK system in my 204 C63 is good (to my ears at least) when I use it and has plenty of options to manipulate the sound on the menus. However, DAB is an issue and it has been a bit hit and miss in my car despite living in a well covered area. I had my MB Dealer do a software update last October when it was in for MOT and service and that has made it 50% better but I think I need a firmware update so will be off down to see the team at COMMAND UK when we are allowed out to play again. It is likely to be similar in other C63's but will depend on what previous owners have done as the original DAB installs weren't that good as I understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom