S204 Facelift ILS lighting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Drove at night on some winding country roads and fast motorway for the first time since I got the car. Hugely impressed with the lighting!!

(One criticism though - the main beam light is obstructed by my left arm when holding the wheel at 10 to 2. As a matter of fact while I love the car must say that whilst it looks good, the dash layout is not the best. Seems like it has been designed by marketing rather than a driver. Form over function as with so many things nowadays. Anybody else think the same?)

Can you not adjust the steering wheel for height and/or reach so that the high beam indicator isn't obscured?

Can you not adjust the steering wheel for height and/or reach so that the high beam indicator isn't obscured?

Yes, but not to my preferred driving position. What is your opinion on the dash layout? One example (IMHO) is the digital clock is not exactly immediately obvious.

It's OK... I warmed up to it eventually :D

Yes, but not to my preferred driving position. What is your opinion on the dash layout? One example (IMHO) is the digital clock is not exactly immediately obvious.
Hi, agree with you regarding the clock.

As you have ILS, the main beam will be switched automatically (assuming you have turned the auto function on) so it could be argued that there is no need to see the dashboard indicator.

As you have ILS, the main beam will be switched automatically (assuming you have turned the auto function on) so it could be argued that there is no need to see the dashboard indicator.

Didn't know that! Thanks

Must read up on just what it does. RTFM time!

If you push the indicator/light stalk to its most forward position you should see an "A" appear next to the light symbol in the instrument display. This enables the ILS functions, including auto high beam control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom