S204 - Is it my imagination or.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Two things ....

I swear that when I get in the car and insert key quickly I can hear a faint chime from somewhere. Have established it's not my phone

When auto-wipe kicks into action it's fine, but when rain gets heavier and they speed up they are very reluctant to slow down again when rain stops. I usually need to turn them down manually. If any relevance, had the windscreen replaced about two weeks ago.

Any comments from other 204 owners?

"A mind is a terrible thing to lose"

A faint chime could be the rechargeable Ni-Cd batteries in the alarm sounder failing.

That said, on modern cars there are all sort of electronic noises.... and, do you have the Mercedes me Adapter fitted?

With regards the automatic setting for the windscreen wipers, mine can be erratic as well. But the key question if it is now behaving any different to how it did before the windscreen was replaced...?

An update on this to maybe help others

The problem was still there this morning (of course, has not rained much lately!) so I gave National Windscreens a call (very impressed with their service!) who popped round within a couple of hours and sorted it.

Appears that a 204 the sensor itself is underneath the cover (which pulls off) and has to be completely central. It's held in place by a clip either side - on mine one of the clips was not fully "clicked" in place. He pressed the clip home and voila!, sorted!

Still not got to the bottom of the chime though. However, just been diagnosed with Ramsay Hunt Syndrome (associated with shingles but in my ear = painful!) so may be my imagination after all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom