S204 - Passenger airbag recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Just received this:

IMG_20220623_125612.jpg

Had mine done about a month ago... got the same letter... Takata went bust over this issue a few years ago.

Had mine doen a couple of months ago after receiving the same letter. Called MB Ashford, they gave me an appointment 3 weeks later to allow time to obtain the replacement from Germany, took the car in on the appointed day, got a call a couple of hours later, they'd unpacked the replacement and found it damaged in transit so had ordered a replacement. I collected the car, told them to check the replacement was OK before booking me in - which they did, this time the job was done!

Moral - call your local MB dealer to get the replacement ordered and book appointment at the same time, but tell them to check the replcement as soon as they receive it!

This in addition to SRPC 1801 which was the driver airbag inadvertent deployment recall.
MB haven't had a lot of luck with airbags on the 204 platform.
I'll wait with great excitement for my notification to drop through the letterbox

My 2010 A207 E350 CDI recently went in to MB Salisbury for this work. They were their usual professional and pleasant selves. Interestingly they also offered an engine ecu update. Mine is a Euro 5 car. I declined their kind offer which they were absolutely fine about.

I received the same letter. Haven't booked mine in as yet. But don't want them to touch the ECU software as I am sure it would affect running and mpg in the name of emissions.

Will ask them not to do the ECU update. Fingers crossed they wont do it anyway if I ask!!

But who knows???

Exactly it's happened loads with VAG etc.

Got my letter this morning. Will be interesting to see if they reckon there are any software updates on mine as it's a petrol......
I'm also hoping for a more rewarding customer experience from my 'friendly' local MB dealership than the last time I had to go there for a recall.

Took car in earlier to Marshalls for airbag recall (Preston, Lancs) They assured me less than 2 hours so I waited and was pleasantly surprised it took under 1.5 hours. I specifically requested no diesel software update which they were happy with. As a matter of fact the guy that bought me my key said it created it's own problems i,e, if someone had a glowplug done "outside the network"

So big shout out to Marshalls for not keeping me hanging around!

Booked mine in at Loughborough merc dealer today. Goes in end of September.
I mentioned that I wanted to opt out of any software update and the guy said ah well it does state it needs one (he wasn't going to tell me) but its no problem I will put it on the job card that you have requested not to have the update. No problem at all.

Fingers crossed they dont update it then..

Booked mine in at Loughborough merc dealer today. Goes in end of September.
I mentioned that I wanted to opt out of any software update and the guy said ah well it does state it needs one (he wasn't going to tell me) but its no problem I will put it on the job card that you have requested not to have the update. No problem at all.

Fingers crossed they dont update it then..
I'd mention it again on the day too

Ah good point. Will do that!

I received this letter 4 weeks ago and booked the car in for Friday 12th Aug (yesterday), only to receive a phone call on Thursday 11th Aug saying the part hadn't arrived after 4 weeks. No big deal, I'll wait until the part arrives, but in the meantime does anybody know if they have in fact been given the software update after specifically declining it as @Gazwould suggests.

I received this letter 4 weeks ago and booked the car in for Friday 12th Aug (yesterday), only to receive a phone call on Thursday 11th Aug saying the part hadn't arrived after 4 weeks. No big deal, I'll wait until the part arrives, but in the meantime does anybody know if they have in fact been given the software update after specifically declining it as @Gazwould suggests.

Have you checked the recall website to see if it's already been done . I bought my e350 with 11k on the clock , mb must of got in quick on this one as it's saying it's been done.

My Airbag letter came yesterday, booked in for October 29th at 11am. Saying 3 hours. Hope to god it's quicker than that.

Have you checked the recall website to see if it's already been done . I bought my e350 with 11k on the clock , mb must of got in quick on this one as it's saying it's been done.

My Airbag letter came yesterday, booked in for October 29th at 11am. Saying 3 hours. Hope to god it's quicker than that.
Mine took about 1 hour. Coffee not as good as it used to be, and no free kettle crisps anymore! 😲

Mine took about 1 hour. Coffee not as good as it used to be, and no free kettle crisps anymore! 😲

They asked if I was waiting or coming back at half 5. They must of been sending a worker out to Aldi for supplies.😅😅

I've only just bought my S204 so unsure whether the previous owner had this done or not.
I'll drop into the dealers and ask them to check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom